BISCUIT SANDWICH PAKORA
Salty cracker biscuits with chutney, cucumber, tomato , cheese, covered with another piece of biscuit and batter fried.
16-20 salted biscuits
1 cup gram flour
Green chutney for spreading + as required
1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into roundels
2 small tomatoes, cut into roundels
3-4 cheese slices
Chaat masala for sprinkling
Salt to taste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
Oil for deep-frying
Tomato ketchup as required
1. Spread some green chutney on one side of each biscuit.
2. Place 1 cucumber roundel and 1 tomato roundel on the chutney side of half the biscuits. 3. Cut cheese slice into 4 squares and place on top of tomato roundel. Sprinkle some chaat masala and cover with remaining biscuits, chutney side down.
4. Take gram flour in a bowl. Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and some water and mix well to make a semi-thin batter.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
6. Add 1 tablespoon hot oil to prepared batter and mix well.
7. Dip each biscuit sandwich in prepared batter and deep-fry in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
8. Place pakoras on a serving platter. Put a drop of tomato ketchup and green chutney on top, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot.