CORN CHEESE ROTI
Freshly made mini cornmeal rotis topped with spicy mixture and cheese
1 cup crushed sweet corn kernels
½ cup grated processed cheese
Grated mozzarella cheese for topping
1 cup refined flour (maida)
½ cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
2 green chillies, chopped
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt to taste
A pinch baking soda
1½ tablespoons oil + for greasing
1 tablespoon chopped celery
1 medium green zucchini, finely chopped
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
½ teaspoon vinegar
A few fresh parsley sprigs for garnishing
1. Mix together maize flour, refined flour, half the green chillies, 1 teaspoon parsley, salt, processed cheese, baking soda and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Add sufficient water and knead into a soft dough.
2. To make stuffing, heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add celery and remaining green chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
3. Add zucchini and sauté well. Add crushed corn kernels, salt, taco seasoning, chilli powder, chilli sauce and tomato ketchup, mix well and cook for a minute.
4. Add remaining parsley and vinegar and mix well. Transfer in a bowl and cool.
5. Roll out the dough into a thick sheet, cut out into medium size discs or rotis using a cookie cutter. Roast the rotis on a hot non-stick tawa till browned from both sides.
6. Spread a portion of the stuffing onto each roti and top with mozzarella cheese.
7. Heat a non-stick pan and grease with some oil. Place the prepared rotis, cover and cook till the cheese melts and the underside of the rotis turn crisp.
8. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot.