Spicy dabeli mixture stuffed in rotis and shallow fried till crisp. A must try !
2 tablespoons dabeli masala powder
2 tablespoons oil
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon sugar
2 raw bananas, boiled, peeled and mashed
2 tablespoons grated fresh coconut
3 tablespoons masala peanuts + for serving
1 tablespoon cornflour slurry
4 tablespoons tamarind chutney
4 tablespoons capsicum and mint chutney
4 tablespoons pomegranate pearls (anardana)
4 tablespoons sev + for serving
Ghee for shallow-frying
1. To make dabeli mixture, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, sugar, dabeli masala powder, and mix well and sauté for a minute.
2. Add 1 tablespoon water, mix well. Add 1 tablespoon water again and mix well. Add sugar and cook for a minute. Add bananas, coconut, 2 tablespoons masala peanuts, mix well and cook for a minute.
3. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Halve a roti, apply slurry to the edges, shape into a cone and set aside.
5. Fill each cone with tamarind chutney, capsicum chutney, 2 tablespoons dabeli mixture, remaining masala peanuts, 1 tablespoon pomegranate pearls, 1 tablespoon sev, shape into triangles and set aside. Repeat the same process with 3 other rotis.
6. Heat some ghee in a non-stick pan. Shallow-fry the dabeli rotis till golden-brown and crisp on the underside. Turn over the rotis to the other side and shallow-fry till golden-brown and crisp from the other side as well.
7. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately with masala peanuts and sev.