A fusion recipe of a flat dhokla overloaded with pizza topping and cooked till cheese melts.
3 cups dhokla batter
3 tablespoons pizza sauce + for spreading
Salt to taste
Oil for greasing
2 teaspoons olive oil + for spreading
1 medium green capsicum, finely chopped
¼ cup sweet corn kernels, boiled
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes + for sprinkling
1 teaspoon dried oregano + for sprinkling
4-5 black olives, pitted and sliced
Grated mozzarella cheese for spreading
1. Heat some water in a dhokla steamer.
2. Take batter in a bowl. Add salt and mix well.
3. Grease a dhokla plate with some oil. Pour some batter filling ½ of it and spread.
4. Place the plate in the hot steamer, cover and steam till done. Remove from steamer, cool and demould. Similarly, prepare with remaining batter.
5. To prepare topping, heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add capsicum and sauté for 1 minute. 6. Add corn kernels, chilli flakes, dried oregano, salt, black olives and 3 tablespoons pizza sauce, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Transfer in a bowl.
7. Cut ½ of each dhokla into roundels using medium size cookie cutter and remaining dhokla using small size cookie cutter.
8. Spread some pizza sauce, prepared topping and some cheese on each roundel. Sprinkle some dried oregano and chilli flakes on top.
9. Heat a non-stick pan and grease with some olive oil. Place the prepared dhokla pizzas, cover and cook on low heat till cheese melts.
10. Serve hot.