GRILLED DHOKLA SANDWICH
White dhokla roudels stuffed with flavourful cottage cheese vegetable mixture and grilled.
4 cups readymade dhokla batter
Salt to taste
Oil for greasing
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
2-3 tablespoons crushed corn kernels
2-3 tablespoons finely chopped mixed capsicum
2 tablespoons grated cottage cheese (paneer)
1-2 green chillies, crushed
1 teaspoon chaat masala
1½ tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
Green chutney for spreading
2 teaspoons ghee + for basting
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
1. Heat sufficient water in a dhokla steamer.
2. Take batter in a bowl. Add salt and mix well.
3. Grease the dhokla moulds with some oil, pour some batter and tap. Sprinkle some crushed peppercorns on top, place the moulds in the hot steamer and steam till done. Remove from steamer, cool and demould.
4. To prepare stuffing, take corn kernels in a bowl. Add mixed capsicum, cottage cheese, green chillies, chaat masala and 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and mix. Add salt and mix well.
5. Cut the steamed dhoklas into roundels using a medium size cookie cutter.
6. Heat a non-stick grill pan.
7. To prepare dhokla sandwiches, spread some green chutney on one side of the roundels. Spread some stuffing on top of half of prepared dhoklas and cover with remaining dhoklas, chutney side down.
8. Add ghee to hot grill pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add sesame seeds and remaining coriander leaves. Place the sandwiches and grill from both sides till light golden, basting with some ghee.
9. Serve hot.