JAIN DUM RAW BANANA VEGETABLE
2-3 medium raw bananas
1 fresh coconut, removed from the shell and roughly chopped
6-8 curry leaves
1-2 green chillies, chopped
3-4 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
5-6 tablespoons yogurt + to garnish
4-5 tablespoons oil
2-3 tablespoons cream
1. Put coconut, curry leaves, green chillies, tomatoes, cumin seeds, half teaspoon turmeric powder, half teaspoon red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt, half the coriander leaves and three tablespoons yogurt in a grinder jar and grind to a smooth puree with a little water.
2. Peel and cut the bananas into one inch cubes and prick the cubes with a fork.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick wok, add banana cubes and shallow fry till light golden. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
4. Add ground puree to the same wok, add remaining red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cook for four to five minutes.
5. Add cream and remaining yogurt mix and switch off the heat.
6. Place the banana cubes in a serving plate and pour the gravy over them.
7. Garnish with yogurt and remaining coriander leaves and serve hot.