KHADA BHAJI BRUSCHETTA
Mixed veggies tossed with pav bhaji masala, topped on slices of baguette, sprinkled with cheese, covered and cooked on a pan till the cheese melts.
(Serves - 4)
8 baguette slices
4-5 French beans, diagonally sliced
¼ cup finely chopped mixed capsicum (red, green and yellow)
¼ cup boiled green peas
1 medium tomato, deseeded and chopped
1 tablespoon oil
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon pav bhaji masala
Salt to taste
½ medium raw banana, finely chopped and fried
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tablespoon butter + as required
Grated processed cheese for spreading
1. To prepare khada bhaji, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add French beans and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add mixed capsicums and sauté. Add green peas, mix and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomato and sauté.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and salt, mix and cook till tomato is soft.
4. Add fried raw banana, coriander leaves and 1 tablespoon butter and mix well. Transfer in a bowl.
5. Heat a non-stick pan.
6. Apply some butter on baguette slices, place on hot pan with butter side down and toast till light golden brown. Flip, spread some khada bhaji and cheese on each slice. Add some butter on the sides of the pan, cover and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
7. Serve hot.