An innovation recipe of dhokla made with the combination of semolina and boiled corn kernels. Must try !
½ cup boiled sweet corn (makai) kernels
¼ cup semolina (rawa/sooji)
4-5 tablespoons yogurt
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil + for brushing
2 teaspoons mustard seeds
2 green chillies, finely chopped
3-4 curry leaves, finely chopped + for garnishing
A pinch of fruit salt
Capsicum chutney for serving
1. Blend corn kernels to a coarse paste.
2. Heat sufficient water in a steamer.
3. Mix together semolina, corn paste and yogurt in a bowl with water as required to form a smooth batter. Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick tempering pan. Add mustard seeds, chillies, curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
5. Add to the batter and mix well. Add fruit salt and mix well.
6. Brush individual muffin moulds with some oil and pour some batter in them. Place the mould in the steamer and steam for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
7. Demould, garnish with curry leaves and serve immediately with capsicum chutney.