MASALA CHIILI CHEESE PAV
Spicy, cheesy, crisp and addictive - this masala chilli cheese pav will be your new favourite snack. Try it out once.
1 medium green capsicum, finely chopped
75 grams processed cheese
50 grams mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons refined flour (maida)
1 cup milk
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 tablespoons corn kernels, boiled
A pinch sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon pav bhaji masala
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
Tomato roundels for serving
Lemon wedges for serving
1. Preheat oven to 180̊ C.
2. To prepare chilli cheese mixture, heat 1 tablespoon butter in a non-stick pan. Add flour and sauté for 30 seconds. Add milk and cook till the mixture thickens, stirring continuously. 3. Add salt, crushed peppercorns, green chilli, ½ of capsicum and corn kernels, mix and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add sugar, dried oregano and chilli flakes and mix. Grate half of processed cheese and mix well. Transfer in a bowl and cool.
5. To prepare masala, heat ½ tablespoon butter in another non-stick pan. Add remaining capsicum and sauté for 30 seconds. Add tomato and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, salt and lemon juice, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer in another bowl.
7. Heat a non-stick tawa.
8. Slit each pav with one side intact.
9. Add remaining butter on hot tawa, place the slit pavs and toast from both sides till golden brown.
10. Place the toasted pavs on a baking tray. Spread some chilli cheese mixture on the inside the half of pav and some masala on the inside of remaining pav. Grate remaining processed cheese and mozzarella cheese on top.
11. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into pieces.
12. Serve hot with tomato roundels and lemon wedges.