NANKHATAI IN PRESSURE COOKER
Nankhatai Recipe,NanKhatai without Oven, nankhatai biscuit, nankhatai on gas.
Ingredients : Refined Flour - 1 cup ( 125 grams)
Chickpea flour - 2 tbsp (15 gms)
Semolina - 2 tbsp (15 gms)
Sugar powder - 3/4 cup (125 gms)
Ghe - more than 1/2 cup (125 gms)
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Green Cardamom - 1/2 tsp (powder)
Pistachios - 5 to 6 (grated)
- 1/2 kg (used)
How to make Nankhatai in Cooker:
1. To make dough take refined flour, semolina and chickpea flour. Mix all ingredients well.
2. In a mixing bowl add ghee, powdered sugar.Whisk well till it is puffy. Add baking powder, cardamom powder to it.Mix all well. Now add refined flour, semolina and chickpea flour mix and make dough.
3. keep the cooker to heat up. Add 1/2 kg salt in the cooker at the bottom. Put the jali stand over it.Cover it and let the cooker heat up well.
4. To make Nan Khatai take a plate that fits in the cooker. Grease the plate with a little ghee. 5. Take out a little dough, Make it round then press lightly and give desired shape. Arrange in plate at distance. Mark a cross on the Nan khatai with a knife. Add some grated pistachios over it.
6. As the Cooker is heated well. Keep the Nan Khatai filled plate in the cooker. Cover and bake it on medium flame for 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, check the Nankhatai, if it is puffy and roasted. Close the cooker again and keep flame high till it seems brown from above.
8. Once baked and ready, take out the plate from the cooker carefully, prepare the next batch and rest of Nankhatai likewise. Once baked keep to cool.
9.As Nan Khatai cools, keep in an air tight container,and relish it for over a month.