PANEER PIZZA POCKET
All the deliciousness of a pizza enclosed in tiny pockets and baked till crisp outside and the cheesy filling has melted.
1 cup grated cottage cheese (paneer)
1½ cups refined flour (maida) + for dusting
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup yogurt
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ medium green capsicum, finely chopped
6-8 black olives, pitted and sliced
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
5-6 basil leaves
2 teaspoons olive oil
Butter for basting
Tomato ketchup for serving
1. Take 1 cup flour in a bowl. Add salt, baking soda and yogurt and knead into a dough. Add some water and knead into a semi-soft dough. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 180̊ C.
3. To prepare stuffing, mix together cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, capsicum, black olives, chilli flakes, dried oregano and salt in a bowl. Add roughly torn basil leaves and olive oil and mix well.
4. Divide the dough into large equal portion and roll out into semi-thick discs, dusting with some flour.
5. Cut each disc into 1½ inch squares.
6. Put some stuffing in the center of each square, fold into triangle and press the edges to seal.
7. Place the pizza pockets on a baking tray. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or till golden brown, basting with some butter.