PANEER TIKKA CROSTINI
Slices of baguette, topped with green chutney and pieces of tandoori masala grilled paneer - fusion food delight!
200 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into 1 inch cubes
1 Baguette, sliced
¼ cup yogurt
1 tablespoon gram four (besan)
Black salt to taste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons mustard oil
¼ cup cheese spread
1 tablespoon green chutney
Oil for cooking
½ cup grated processed cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180° C.
2. To prepare paneer tikka, mix together yogurt, gram flour, black salt, chilli powder, salt and mustard oil in a bowl.
3. Add cottage cheese cubes and mix lightly. Set aside to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
4. Mix together cheese spread and green chutney in another bowl.
5. Skewer the marinated cottage cheese cubes onto satay sticks.
6. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan. Place the prepared skewers and cook from all sides till golden brown.
7. Discard the skewers from the cooked cottage cheese cubes and cut the cooked cottage cheese cubes into small pieces. Transfer in another bowl.
8. Spread some cheese-green chutney mixture on the slices. Put some cottage cheese pieces and cheese on top and place the prepared slices on a baking tray.
9. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake till cheese melts.
10. Serve hot.