PANEER TIKKA TART
Baked green masala paneer tikka and colorful bell peppers filled in crunchy tart shells - perfect for any party.
150 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into squares
12-16 tart shells
1 small bunch fresh mint leaves
1 small bunch fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup blanched fenugreek leaves
1-2 green chillies
2 tablespoons mustard oil
1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon chaat masala
3-4 tablespoons yogurt
½ teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 medium red capsicum, cut into squares
1 medium yellow capsicum, cut into squares
Grated processed cheese for topping
Microgreens for garnishing
1. Blend together mint sprigs, coriander, fenugreek leaves, green chilli and 1 tablespoon mustard oil with sufficient water into a smooth paste.
2. Transfer the paste into a bowl. Add gram flour, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, chaat masala and yogurt and mix well. Add lemon juice and salt and mix. Add remaining mustard oil and mix again.
3. Add cottage cheese and mix well. Add red and yellow capsicum and mix. Set aside to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 180° C.
5. Skewer the marinated capsicum and cottage cheese pieces onto satay sticks in this order till everything is used – red capsicum, cottage cheese, yellow capsicum.
6. Place the skewers on an aluminium tray, put the tray in the preheated oven and grill for 10-15 minutes.
7. Discard the satay stick from paneer tikka and cut into small pieces.
8. Place the tart shells on a baking tray. Put some paneer tikka mixture and top with some cheese.
9. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake till the cheese melts.
10. Serve hot garnished with microgreens.