There are different kinds of sandwiches one could relish, and one such is Panini, an Italian grilled sandwich. Here are tricks to perfect making.
2 panini breads
2 teaspoons oil
½ medium green capsicum, finely chopped
2-3 tablespoons boiled corn kernels
3-4 tablespoons salsa sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 cup boiled and mashed red kidney beans
4-5 fresh basil leaves
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon green chutney
Butter as required
Grated cheddar cheese as required
Tomato ketchup for serving
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add capsicum and sauté. Add corn kernels and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add salsa sauce and mix. Add dried oregano, chilli powder, salt and mix. Add kidney beans, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add torn basil leaves and mix well.
3. Mix together mayonnaise and green chutney in a bowl.
4. Cut the Panini bread into triangles and further halve vertically.
5. Spread some butter and mayo-chutney spread on one side of each bread triangle.
6. To prepare one sandwich, put some kidney bean mixture and cheese on the mayo-chutney spread of the base of bread triangle half and cover with the top bread triangle half with mayo-chutney spread side down. Apply some butter on top.
7. Heat an electric griller. Place the prepared sandwiches, cover and cook till golden brown from both sides.
8. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.