PERI PERI MAYO WRAP
Spicy peri peri sauce is balanced out with creamy mayonnaise is this simple vegetable wrap.
(Serves - 4)
4 whole wheat flour rotis
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon oil + for drizzling
½ medium green capsicum, cut into thin strips
½ medium red capsicum, cut into thin strips
½ medium yellow capsicum, cut into thin strips
¼ medium broccoli, cut into small florets and blanched
4-5 babycorn, diagonally sliced and blanched
150 grams cottage cheese, cut into small cubes
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
A pinch sugar
Salt to taste
Peri peri sauce
12-15 Kashmiri dried red chillies, soaked for 10-15 minutes
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
1. To prepare peri peri sauce, grind together drained dried red chillies, fresh oregano, chilli powder, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and salt into a smooth paste. Transfer in a bowl.
2. Mix together mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon peri peri sauce in a bowl.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add green capsicum, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, broccoli florets, babycorn and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add cottage cheese and mix. Add crushed peppercorns, sugar and salt and mix well. Transfer in a bowl.
5. Add peri peri mayo to the sautéed vegetables and mix well.
6. Heat a non-stick tawa.
7. Put the peri peri vegetable mixture in the center of each roti and wrap.
8. Place the wraps on hot tawa. Drizzle some oil on top and cook from both sides till golden brown specks appear.
9. Serve hot.