PERI PERI PANEER CREPES
Savoury vegetarian crepes with a spicy peri peri stuffing - perfect for snack time.
(Serves - 4)
1 cup refined flour (maida)
1½ cups milk
Salt to taste
A pinch baking soda
½ teaspoon brown sugar
Olive oil for greasing and shallow-frying
Tomato ketchup for serving
Peri peri mayonnaise dip for serving
Peri peri paneer stuffing
1½ tablespoons peri peri sauce
150 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into small cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 green chilli, finely chopped
½ medium green capsicum, chopped
½ medium yellow capsicum, chopped
½ medium red capsicum, chopped
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. To prepare peri peri paneer stuffing, heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add green chilli, green capsicum, yellow capsicum and red capsicum and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add salt and cottage cheese, mix and cook till cottage cheese turns light golden brown. Add peri peri sauce and coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer in a bowl and cool.
3. To prepare crepe batter, take flour in a bowl. Add milk and whisk. Add salt, baking soda and brown sugar and whisk well.
4. To prepare one crepe, heat a small non-stick pan and grease with some olive oil. Pour a small ladleful of batter, swirl to make a thin disc and cook for 1 minute. Put some stuffing in the center and fold. Transfer on the worktop.
5. Heat some olive oil in the same non-stick pan. Place the prepared crepes and shallow-fry from both sides till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and peri peri mayonnaise dip.