PHIRNI CAKE WITH MINI MALPUA
Mini malpuas served with delicious creamy phirni cake garnished with pistachios.
Silver warq for garnishing(OPTIONAL)
Edible colourful flower petals for garnishing
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons Basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes
¼ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon green cardamom powder
Chopped almond for garnishing
Chopped pistachio for garnishing
Biscuit crumb as requierd
Malpua ½ cup refined flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup mawa
Milk as required
Ghee for shallow-frying
2 cups warm saffron sugar syrup
1. To prepare phirni, heat milk in a non-stick pan and bring to boil.
2. Grind drained rice along with 1-2 tablespoons water to make a smooth mixture.
3. Add ground rice to boiled milk, mix and cook till rice is done and mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
4. Add sugar, mix and cook till it melts and mixture thickens.
5. To prepare malpua batter, take flour in a bowl. Add milk, baking powder, mawa and some milk and whisk well to make a semi-thick and smooth batter. Set aside for 10-12 minutes.
6. Add cardamom powder to phirni and mix well. Remove from heat and bring down to room temperature.
7. Pour the phirni into the spring bottom cheesecake tin filling half of it. Garnish with almond and pistachio and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
8. Heat some ghee in another non-stick pan. Pour in a teaspoon of malpua batter and shallow-fry on medium-low heat till golden brown to make mini malpuas.
9. Take sugar syrup in a bowl. Drain in the malpuas in it and soak for 1 minute.
10. Slice almonds and pistachios.
11. Demould the phirni and cut into roundels using a medium size cookie cutter.
12. Place a medium size cookie cutter on a serving platter, put in some biscuit crumb, press and demould.
13. Place phirni cake roundels on top of biscuit crumb layer and place soaked malpua on the sides.
14. Garnish with pistachio slices and almond slices, some warq and edible colourful flower petals and serve immediately.