Mini pizza bread sandwiches dipped into gram flour batter and deep fried to make these delicious unique pakoras.
12-16 small pizza base
½ cup gram flour (besan)
1-2 tablespoons butter
1 small green capsicum, finely chopped
1-2 tablespoons boiled sweet corn kernels
1 small tomato, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon red chilli flakes
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons red chilli powder
2-3 fresh basil leaves, hand torn
Pizza sauce as required
Grated processed cheese as required
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon hot oil
Oil for deep-frying
Green chutney for serving
Tomato ketchup for serving
1. Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add green capsicum, sweet corn kernels and tomatoes, mix. Add chilli flakes, oregano, salt, 1 teaspoon chilli powder, basil leaves, mix well and cook for a minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Apply pizza sauce on each pizza base, place the prepared stuffing in centre, top with cheese and cover with another pizza base.
3. Mix together gram flour, turmeric powder, remaining chilli powder, salt and sufficient water in a bowl. Add hot oil and mix well.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Dip each pizza pakora in batter and deep-fry till golden-brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup.