A dish that fuses two of our favorites, Pudla and Sandwich into one is genius in its own sense. The remarkable taste of the two dishes blending together beautifully makes it a must try!
½ cup gram flour (besan)
8 white bread slices
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
3 small mixed bellpeppers, roughly chopped
½ teaspoon chaat masala
1 tablespoon purple cabbage, finely chopped
1 tablespoon regular cabbage, finely chopped
Butter for greasing and basting
2 tablespoons grated processed cheese (optional) + for garnishing
Tomato ketchup for serving
Green chutney for serving
1. To make pudla batter, mix together gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, green chillies, 1 ½ teaspoon coriander leaves, and ¼ cup water in a mixing bowl.
2. Heat a non-stick pan. Take 2 bread slices, coat in batter and place on the pan. Add tomatoes, mixed bellpeppers, ¼ teaspoon chaat masala, purple cabbage, regular cabbage, and dab lightly. Grease the edges with butter lightly. Turn it over to the other side once the underside turns golden-brown. Apply some butter on the edges and over the bread once turned.
3. Turn over once again and apply butter on the bread slices. Top with remaining coriander leaves, processed cheese and remaining chaat masala. Cut the bread slices from the centre and place one bread slice over the other.
4. Remove from heat and cut into four parts.
5. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with processed cheese.
6. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.