This desi lasagna recipe is high on taste, presentation and innovation. Good old Indian food, but with a videsi twist.
(Serves - 4)
150 grams whole wheat flour-refined flour (atta) dough
Whole wheat flour (atta) for dusting
1 medium bunch fresh fenugreek leaves, chopped and blanched
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons refined flour (maida)
2 cups milk
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
50 grams processed cheese
¼ cup grated cottage cheese (paneer)
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ cup green peas, boiled
¼ cup corn kernels, boiled
¼ cup grated processed cheese
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
Dried oregano for sprinkling
Red chilli flakes for sprinkling
Parmesan cheese powder for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180̊ C.
2. To prepare white sauce, heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add flour and sauté for 30 seconds. Add milk and cook till the mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
3. Add salt, crushed peppercorns and grate processed cheese, mix and cook for 1 minute. Transfer half mixture in a bowl.
4. Add cottage cheese and green chillies to the white sauce in the pan and mix. Add sugar, green peas, corn kernels and fenugreek leaves, mix and cook for 1 minute. Transfer in another bowl.
5. Divide the dough into equal portion, coat each portion with wheat flour and roll out into semi-thick disc.
6. Cut each disc into squares with a medium size cookie cutter.
7. Heat a non-stick tawa. Place the squares and roast from both sides till golden brown. Transfer the rotis on the worktop.
8. Place one square roti in individual glass baking cups. Spread some fenugreek leaves mixture, white sauce, processed cheese and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some dried oregano and chilli flakes on top. Layer with two more rotis and repeat the process with remaining ingredients.
9. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese powder on top and place them on a baking tray.
10. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
11. Serve hot.