Cottage cheese and raw banana rolls stuffed with a spicy cheesy chutney mixture and fried to golden brown perfection.
2 raw bananas, boiled, peeled and grated
1½ cups grated cottage cheese (paneer)
Salt to taste
2-3 tablespoons cornflour
1 cup grated processed cheese
Raisins as required
Oil for deep-frying
1½ tablespoons refined flour (maida)
1 cup breadcrumbs
Tomato ketchup for serving
1 cup scraped fresh coconut
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
½ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
1-2 green chillies, cut into ½ inch pieces
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
1. Mix together bananas, cottage cheese, salt and cornflour in a bowl till well combined.
2. To prepare coconut chutney, coarsely grind together coconut, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, lemon juice, cumin seeds, sugar and salt. Transfer in a bowl.
3. Divide the cheese into equal portions, stuff each portion with one raisin and shape them into balls.
4. Divide the coconut chutney into equal portions. Make a cavity in the center of each portion, place one stuffed cheese ball, seal and shape into slightly oval shape.
5. Divide the banana mixture into equal portions and spread to make a small thick disc. Place one coconut chutney ball in the center of each disc, seal and shape into oval shape. These are rolls.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
7. Mix together flour in some water to make a semi-thick and smooth slurry.
8. Spread breadcrumbs on a plate.
9. Dip each roll in slurry and coat with breadcrumbs.
10. Deep-fry rolls in hot oil till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
11. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.