Mixed vegetables fried to a crisp and tossed in a delicious Indo-Chinese sweet chilli sauce delicious dish can be served as starter or snack and it's super easy to make.
1 small green capsicum, cut into1 inch pieces
1 small yellow capsicum, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small red capsicum, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small broccoli, separated into medium florets
75 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into thick strips
1 small raw banana, peeled and cut into thick strips
½ cup refined flour (maida)
½ cup cornflour
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 tablespoon oil + for deep-frying
1-2 green chillies, sliced
1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
1 tablespoon red chilli sauce
½ tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon vinegar
1. Take flour in a bowl. Add cornflour and sufficient water and mix well to make a thin slurry. Add salt and crushed peppercorns and mix well.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
3. Dip capsicum pieces in the slurry and deep-fry in hot oil till crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Repeat the process with yellow capsicum, red capsicum, broccoli, cottage cheese and raw banana, one by one.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add green chillies and celery and sauté lightly.
5. Add chilli sauce and mix. Add ketchup, soy sauce, salt, crushed peppercorns and vinegar and mix well.
6. Add fried vegetables and mix well.
7. Serve hot.