Quick and easy recipe of dhoklas made using pressed rice or fondly called as poha in indian homes.
2 cups soaked thick pressed rice (poha)
1½ cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons roasted peanut powder
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon oil + for greasing
Red chilli powder for sprinkling
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
5-6 curry leaves
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Green chutney for serving
1. Heat some water in a deep non-stick pan. Place a glass steamer, cover and let the water boil.
2. Grind together pressed rice, 1 cup buttermilk and some water into smooth and semi-thick mixture. Transfer in a bowl.
3. Add remaining buttermilk and mix well to make a smooth batter. Add peanut powder, green chillies and salt and mix. Add sugar and mix well.
4. Grease a steel plate with some oil, pour some batter till ½ filled and tap. Sprinkle some chilli powder on top.
5. Place the prepared plate in hot steamer, cover and steam for 10 minutes. Remove from steamer and cool. Cut into 1 inch squares and demould.
6. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add white sesame seeds and curry leaves and let the curry leaves splutter.
7. Add green chillies and mix. Add dhokla pieces and mix. Add coriander leaves, mix and cook till the dhokla turns light golden brown.
8. Serve hot with green chutney.